- 1 tsp chopped fresh herbs of your choosing (Rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley) or a sprinkling of dried herb.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for challenges, oil the pan but use a quick spray on the top side to lower fat)
- 1 lb sweet potatoes (I use white sweets as I favor a less sweet flavor)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, combine herbs and olive oil.
- Scrub potatoes to soften the skin and remove any blemishes. Cut each potato lengthwise into your plank size of choice. The smaller the thickness, the faster it cooks. However, you’ll need more oil on the dish it cooks on or it will stick.
- In a large bowl, toss potato strips with herb mixture until evenly coated. Spread potatoes on a large parchment- or silicone-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, flipping potatoes over halfway through baking time, until lightly browned and either soft or crispy, that part is up to you! Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and serve warm.
NOTE: Garlic burns easily and becomes bitter. If you love it like I do, add garlic powder to the mixture. I do!
As an alternative, you can cut the potato into rounds for easy handling on the barbecue or in the oven. Leftovers make great nachos!