Grandma Mary was the consummate grandma. Complete with candy dish, a nickel for brushing her hair and a great smelling kitchen, she was always good for a delicious bowl of eggy oatmeal. The benefits of eating a satisfying breakfast filled with protein, carbs and fat will be clear to you once you get in the habit of eating a good portion of your calories first thing in the day.
1 3/4 Cups Water
1 Cup organic traditional oats*
Dash of salt
1/8 Cup Pecan Pieces, optional
2 egg whites
Fresh berries or half a banana
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
1. For creamy, add oatmeal to water and bring to boil. For more chewy oatmeal, bring water to boil and add oatmeal to boiling water.
2. Reduce heat to slow boil and cook per instructions specific to your oatmeal product. Add salt and nuts (optional).
3. In a small bowl, separate egg whites from yolks*.
4. When oatmeal is a minute or two from being done, rapidly stir egg whites into hot oatmeal and stir rapidly for one minute, or until cooked egg whites become apparent. For creamier oatmeal with minimized presence of egg whites, whip immediately and quickly as you add the whites.
5. Serve with almond milk and berries!
*You can include whites and nutrient-rich yolks in this oatmeal. However, to reduce fat, simply eliminate the yolk.
Looking for workouts and nutrition that work for life? Train virtually with the team from 1fw Training. We offer daily, trainer written workouts for the home/gym – beginner to advanced, nutritional programs designed with your goals in mind, and so much more.
Live like a fit person – for life!