The knee-to-chest stretch focuses on the muscles of your lower back. Don’t do this stretch if you have osteoporosis because it may increase the risk of compression fractures in your vertebrae.
To do this stretch:
- Lie on your back on a firm surface with the backs of your heels flat on the floor.
- Gently pull one knee up to your chest until you feel a stretch in your lower back.
- Bring the knee as close to your chest as comfortably possible.
- Keep the opposite leg relaxed in a comfortable position, either with your knee bent or with your leg extended.
- Hold for about 30 seconds.
- Switch legs and repeat.