Hip flexor stretch
Your hip flexors — which allow you to lift your knees and bend at the waist — are located on your upper thighs, just below your hipbones. To stretch your hip flexors:
- Kneel on your right knee, cushioning your kneecap with a folded towel.
- Place your left foot in front of you, bending your knee and placing your left hand on your left leg for stability.
- Place your right hand on your right hip to avoid bending at the waist. Keep your back straight and abdominal muscles tight.
- Lean forward, shifting more body weight onto your front leg. You’ll feel a stretch in your right thigh.
- Hold for about 30 seconds.
- Switch legs and repeat.