Your calf muscle runs along the back of your lower leg. To stretch your calf muscles:
- Stand at arm’s length from a wall or a piece of sturdy exercise equipment.
- Place your right foot behind your left foot.
- Slowly bend your left leg forward, keeping your right knee straight and your right heel on the floor.
- Hold your back straight and your hips forward. Don’t rotate your feet inward or outward.
- Hold for about 30 seconds.
- Switch legs and repeat.
- To deepen the stretch, slightly bend your right knee as you bend your left leg forwar